Attorney(s) appearing for the Case
Shendonna Sophia McLaine, Plaintiff, represented by Joshua Y. Ang , Paul Padda Law, PLLC.
Shendonna Sophia McLaine, Plaintiff, represented by Paul S. Padda , PAUL PADDA LAW, PLLC, Thomas F. Pitaro & Ruth L. Cohen , PAUL PADDA LAW, PLLC.
Clark County, Nevada, Defendant, represented by Lucinda L. Coumou , Clark County District Attorney's Office.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, Defendant, represented by Noel E. Eidsmore , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP & Robert W. Freeman, Jr. , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP.
Officer S. Friedman, Defendant, represented by Noel E. Eidsmore , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP & Robert W. Freeman, Jr. , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP.
Officer R. Zaccara, Defendant, represented by Noel E. Eidsmore , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP & Robert W. Freeman, Jr. , Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP.
Clark County District Attorney's Office, Defendant, represented by Lucinda L. Coumou , Clark County District Attorney's Office.
Order Granting Stipulation for Extension of Time
JENNIFER A. DORSEY, District Judge.
STIPULATION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR PLAINTIFF TO RESPOND TO DEFENDANTS' MOTIONS FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT
Pursuant to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 6(b) and the Court's Local Rule of Civil Practice ("LRCP") 7-1, the parties respectfully request that the Court extend the current deadline for Plaintiff to respond to Defendants' motions for summary judgment (Pacer #109 and #110) to and until May 30, 2017 (Tuesday). This is the parties' fifth request for an extension of time. Plaintiff's current deadline is May 23, 2017.
In support of this stipulation, the parties wish to advise the Court of the following:
1. This is a civil rights case involving five separate Defendants. Each Defendant moved for summary judgment on January 30, 2017.
2. Plaintiff's counsel, Paul S. Padda, Esq. recently requested (via joint stipulation) an extension of time which the Court approved. Unfortunately, Mr. Padda became ill late last week and has had very limited involvement in office matters since that time. Undersigned counsel for Plaintiff spoke to Mr. Padda today who continues to experience illness and is expected away from the office for part of this week in an effort to recuperate. Due to undersigned counsel's limited involvement in this case, he is not in a position to complete Plaintiff's response to the pending motions for summary judgment.
3. Upon learning of the current deadline, undersigned counsel immediately contacted counsel for Defendants have graciously indicated that they do not oppose Plaintiff's request for additional time to respond to the dispositive motions provided they are allowed 30-days to file a reply to any response that may be filed by Plaintiff. Obviously, Plaintiff's counsel has no issue with providing Defendants additional time to file replies.
4. The additional time requested herein should provide sufficient time for Plaintiff's counsel to complete and file appropriate responses after he recovers from illness and is able to return to the office on regular schedule.
5. The parties respectfully request that the Court approve this stipulation.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
The Court hereby approves the parties' stipulation for extension of the current deadline for responding to the motions for summary judgment filed on January 30, 2017 (Pacer #109 and #110). Plaintiff's responses shall be due on or before May 30, 2017 and each Defendant shall have 30-days after Plaintiff files a response to submit a reply (if any).