NOEL L. HILLMAN, District Judge.
IT APPEARING THAT:
1. Petitioner Timothy Jackson ("Petitioner") has filed a Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2241 before this Court. (ECF No. 1.)
2. Petitioner only states that he is "requesting disposition of Federal warrant lodged against [him] in the above-referenced matter . . . .Please understand that this detainer is inhibiting [him] from receiving a lower custody status that would allow [him] access to programs necessary to [his] rehabilitation." (
3. Petitioner attaches a copy of the detainer to his Petition, which was issued by the United States Marshals Service, based on an arrest warrant from the Southern District of New York, for violation of supervised release. (
4. Pursuant to Rule 2(c) of the Rules Governing Section 2254 Cases, applicable to § 2241 cases through Rule 1(b), "[t]he petition must: (1) specify all the grounds for relief available to the petitioner; (2) state the facts supporting each ground. . . ." Here, Petitioner has failed to specify his grounds for relief and state the facts supporting said grounds. While he requests "disposition" of the warrant, it is unclear precisely what action Petitioner is seeking from this Court. As such, the Court will require Petitioner to submit an amended petition which complies with Rule 2(c).
5. If Petitioner elects to submit an amended petition, he must also meet the filing fee requirement. Pursuant to Local Civil Rule 54.3(a), the filing fee is required to be paid at the time the petition is presented for filing. Pursuant to Local Civil Rule 81.2(b), whenever a prisoner submits a petition for writ of habeas and seeks to proceed
Here, Petitioner did not prepay the $5.00 filing fee for a habeas petition as required by Local Civil Rule 54.3(a), nor did Petitioner submit an application for leave to proceed
6. In light of the foregoing, the Court will administratively terminate this matter.
7. An appropriate order follows.