Attorney(s) appearing for the Case
Corey Mitchell, Plaintiff, represented by Daniel O. Jamison , Dowling Aaron Incorporated.
Corey Mitchell, Plaintiff, represented by Justin L. Thomas , Dowling Aaron Inc. & Micah K. Nilsson , Dowling Aaron Incorporated.
Chavez, Defendant, represented by Edgar R. Nield , Nield Law Group & Gabrielle DeSantis-Nield , Nield Law Group.
Sgt. Sheldon, Defendant, represented by Michael Anthony Terhorst , Beeson Terhorst, LLP.
ORDER TO FACILITATE TELEPHONE CALL
DALE A. DROZD, District Judge.
Plaintiff is a state prisoner represented by court appointed attorneys Justin L. Thomas, Daniel O. Jamison, and Micah K. Nilsson, and is proceeding with a civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Communication between attorney Thomas and his client, plaintiff Mitchell, is required in order for counsel to prepare for trial set for Tuesday, June 20, 2017. By this order, the court directs the Warden and the correctional staff at California Correctional Institution (CCI), to facilitate a confidential telephone call between appointed attorney Justin L. Thomas and his client, inmate Corey Mitchell (F-23331).
In accordance with the above,
1. The Warden, Litigation Coordinator, and other correctional staff as needed at CCI, shall facilitate a confidential telephone call between Corey Mitchell and appointed counsel.
2. The confidential telephone call shall be placed on Wednesday, June 14, 2017, to begin at 11:00 a.m. and shall continue, without interruption, for a maximum of 60 minutes or until completed, whichever is earlier. Correctional staff shall initiate the phone call by calling attorney Thomas at (661) 716-3000.
3. The telephone conversation shall be a confidential communication between appointed counsel and his client and conducted so as not to be overheard by correctional staff or others. Correctional staff, however, may keep inmate Mitchell under visual surveillance during the telephone conversation.
4. Failure to comply with this order may result in the imposition of sanctions.
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve this order by facsimile (661) 823-5023 and email on both the Warden and the Litigation Coordinator at CCI.
IT IS SO ORDERED.